A yummy Lunch Spread – original recipe adapted from Katie B. of HousewifeHowTos.com
An easy-to-make sandwich spread using leftover roast beef.
Try it on a nice multi-grain bread with lettuce, tomato and thinly sliced red onion for a delicious lunch.
Serves about: 3 cups
• 1 lb. cooked roast beef, cubed
• ½ medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
• 3 stalks celery, roughly chopped
• 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish(I used Mexican corn relish, so yummy!)
• ¾ cup mayonnaise (or combination of mayo and Greek yogurt)
• 2 teaspoons horseradish
• ½ teaspoon onion powder
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a food processor, chop roast beef, onions, celery and pickle relish together. (Or chop by hand using a knife.)
2. Add mayonnaise, horseradish, onion powder and garlic powder. Combine.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Serve on bread or crackers.
It’s good in roman lettuce leaves tacos too.